Half Ironman Petersborough Canada

The picture you see to your left was the start of the 56 mile bike leg of the Half Ironman Duathlon I entered in Petersborough Canada. The race was a 1.2 mile run followed by a 56 mile bicycle ride then you end it with a 13 mile run. My strongest tallent is the bike for sure. My time was 2:41:48 with and average speed of 20.7 mph. I was very pleased with that. Then there was the half marathon. Not pretty at all i ended up with a time of 2:26:47. I rode so well on the bike that I did not conserve enough energy to maintain good speed in the run. I suffered a little every mile. My legs felt very heavy toward the end. I have never really been a great runner. I carry a little more muscle than I should to be a more effecient runner. Although I suffered very much I loved it at the same time. It is a race I will never forget. My final time was 5:24:38.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home