Sorry Saddle





It is beautiful Saturday of October 15. Sunny and windy with a high of 74 degrees today. I started my bike ride at about 10 am and it was a little cool so i decided to put on long sleeve flees jersey underneath my regular jersey. It is green as you can see from the photo. It is a jersey i purchased from Performance bikes. It is there brand of cycling clothes. I think i have had it for about 8 years and it is still in great condition and keep me warm while still allowing my body to breath. I wend out for about a 40 mile bike ride, 39 to be exact. And I really enjoyed it. This time of year I do not ride quite as hard as I do during the summer and that allows to look around a little more and enjoy the scenery. It was also nice because it was a nice break from the past 7 days of cloudy rainy weather we had. For a ride of that distance I usually take 2 water bottles and a Cliff bar. I tend to need a little extra fuel when going that distance and usually need to consume it at about the 30 mile mark. I use both Powerbar and Cliff bar, but lately I have been liking the Cliff bar a little more. It taste better and is easier to open while riding and it doesn't stick to the wrapper. As for the title of this blog "Sorry Saddle" you can see from the photo that my seat has a lot of wear. I even had to put electrical tape around the nose of my saddle. This keeped the seat from chafing my inner thigh. I think i may be able to get another 1000 miles out of it, but it is looking pretty sorry. You also notice a picture of my tires and the reason I posted them is becasue i wanted to tell you how great a tire they are. They were about 30 bucks a tire and www.bicycltiresdirect.com..see the link to your right. they are a high mileage/touring/racing tire to put it best. I have raced with them and trained with them in the same season. They are very cut resistant and I have about 2000 miles into them now and i don't need to replace them yet. GREAT TIRE and I highly recommend them. The picture of the left side of my handle bars is of the directions I taped then helped guide me to the beach. Ocean City NJ that is, a 150 plus mile all in one day bike ride i go on about every year. I will post on that and my experiences some other time. Until then take care and keep biking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home